Thursday, May 24, 2012

Looking for a New Mower? Consider Zero Turn!


Looking for a New Mower? Consider Zero Turn!

Alright... this is not a blog ONLY about zero turn mowers (I know my last two posts have been about zero turns). I just love them so much I had to write about them again!

Husqvarna Zero Turn
Zero turn mowers are pretty new to the consumer market and have unparalleled power and durability. They’re the consumer adaptation of commercial cutters and have special transmissions that help them cut closer and with more maneuverability than the push mower you grew up mowing your family’s yard with.

Pivoting 180 degrees, zero turn mowers easily maneuver around landscaping features without leaving circles of uncut grass. Plus, improved controllability often eliminates the need to use trimmers and lessens the physical strain on you.

If noise a concern in the neighborhood, check out the line-up of zero turn mowers from Snapper. Their 500Z series packs a ton of power but won’t bother your neighbors with large rear canister-type muffler on the Briggs V-Twin engines.

Riding Lawn Mower image from Snapper
Husqvarna, on the other hand, is no newcomer to the block. Having sold zero turns around the world for years, their mowers are new to American markets but fine-tuned. Check out their product line for high mowing decks and durability.

While pricier than standard lawn tractors or riding mowers, zero turn mowers are really versatile. Attachments enable you to mulch your grass clippings back into your lawn, bag yard clippings, and vacuum garden waste. John Deere has a huge selection.

To get a rundown on the best zero turn mowers on the market, check out the feature by Popular Mechanics on this new must-have lawn and garden equipment.



18 comments:

  1. Easier work is usually seen on using small lawn tractors. It’s because you can enjoy gardening using your less effort in using these tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for some lawn mowers in Salt Lake City. I am getting to a point that I can't do it myself, does anyone have a recommendation for someone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the zero turn lawn mowers, it almost feels like you are driving a tank or something! I recently was working on a scissor lift and it reminded me of this last summer mowing lawns. I was assigned 2 really big properties that some really tight spaces and the zero turn feature was a life saver! Classic styled mowers are great as well, but when it comes to tight spaces these mowers are the best.

    Luke | http://www.kenmoremowers.com.au/product-search/?type%5B%5D=ride-ons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wheelchair bound and I need to get my lawn mowed. Getting others to do it is nice, however, people aren't always available to do it for me. Do riding lawn mowers require any foot action?

    bryanflake1984| http://www.kenmoremowers.com.au/product-search/?type%5B%5D=ride-ons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly like to reading your Zero turn mowers post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I found this. I have been looking for a good ride on mower. I'm glad you posted the noise level. That is a big concern for my neighbor and I.

    Aaron | http://www.kenmoremowers.com.au/product-search/?type%5B%5D=ride-ons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get a new lawn mower. I would love to get one that I can ride. This one looks nice. It looks heavy duty and like it would last a long time. http://www.northpinemotors.com.au/manufacturer/mowers/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband owns his own lawn care company. The mowers he has now are getting really old and he's beginning to have problems with them. He likes this brand of mower so I'm guessing this is the kind that he is going to get. http://www.royboysinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like mowers like these. They make mowing lawns so much easier. I especially like how this mower can pivot 180 degrees. This would make life so much easier when I mow.

    http://www.bensalemlawn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah you are right that there are some reliable lawn mower brands and some aren’t even worth the money. I heard lawnmowers are quite expensive and need regular maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From my experience the Scag zero turn mowers are very good. They are fast, efficient, and give a great looking cut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty good post ,I just enjoyed upon your blog and do u want read more about lawn mower click here @ toro lawn mower
    toro lawn mower reviews
    toro riding lawn mower
    riding lawn mower reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. One more thing that we should concerned about that is its fuel/power consumption. Choose the lawn mower that has low maintenance cost. For further details you can Check out Lawn Mower Repair Alpharetta.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone,
    If you're looking for a new lawn mower (also for a zero turn lawn mower) but you don't know which to buy, I've a solution for you. I also didn't know which mower I should buy until a website convinced me which to buy. You should give it a try!

    The link is: www.lawnmowercom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. front mount zero turn mowers

    ReplyDelete
  17. this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. https://www.ventracaus.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. front mount zero turn mowers

    ReplyDelete